In this varied and challenging role, your responsibility will be managing VAT compliance for the UK business operations. You will need to work with the various business groups to provide timely and accurate reporting and be able to influence respective teams to ensure they appreciate what is needed to be compliant and manage potential tax risks and ensuring the commercial objectives are still met.
As the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager your main responsibilities will be:-
* Assist with the design, continued development and management of a central VAT compliance approach in the UK. While accountability for indirect tax management and compliance primarily lies with the local finance teams, this role is to act as a central compliance function actually analysing the transactions and completing returns.
* Lead the review and support of the monthly/quarterly VAT filings in the UK. Assist the Operational Finance team with the consolidation of the VAT return and to provide comment and guidance prior to submission.
* Support the business in advising on the most appropriate Indirect Tax approach as part of the indirect tax reporting.
* Effectively influence and support business operations in VAT matters, working closely with tax colleagues, business and corporate groups.
* Support VAT audits, in collaboration with local finance teams.
As an Indirect Tax Compliance Manager, your skills and qualifications would include:-
* Professionally qualified/part-qualified in relevant accounting or tax area.
* Experience of implementing and/or managing centralised multi-territory VAT compliance activities.
* Being able to explain complex items in a simple manner having both good verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience of complex cross-border business arrangements, preferably including international services.
* Strong operational familiarity with financial IT systems and related software applications typically used in the end-to-end VAT cycle including MS Excel.
* Be process driven but commercially focused.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.