Sitting in the Treasury Finance team this role will support with ensuring the complete and accurate financial and management reporting of the businesses treasury activity including a significant financing portfolio with a large number of associated hedging derivatives and reported financial costs. This is an exciting opportunity to partner closely with other areas of the business supporting with deal execution while gaining exposure and understanding to treasury execution and operations.
- Analysis and co-ordination for the Group Annual Report and Accounts (and half year) consolidated IFRS reporting for the treasury and financial risk related disclosures in the published financial statements.
- Management of the monthly analyses and proofs on treasury business, which validate the monthly reported financial numbers. Areas for responsibility likely to include, but not limited to finance costs, borrowings, related reserves and hedge accounting portfolios.
- Participation in treasury management system enhancements, maximizing leverage and efficiencies from the system capabilities
- Delivery of quality information from well managed and understood financial data for distribution across the Group including frequent ad hoc requests. Reviewing and maintaining the quality of the Internal Control framework for Treasury finance, enhancing relevant documentation to meet the purposes of the changing environment.
Requirements and skills
- Graduate and ACA qualified accountant or equivalent.
- Interest to study AMCT qualification preferable, but not essential.
- Good technical accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and awareness of Treasury related accounting standards IFRS 9, FRS 101 and 102 and IFRS 7.
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills.
- Experience of relevant systems Reval (TMS), SAP or BPC is preferred but not essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.