Brewer Morris is currently representing a leading international Energy & Utilities business for the recruitment of their Treasury Dealer to be based in Central London.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Money Markets this person will be responsible for supporting the groups' global funding & liquidity strategy to ensure the company is funding and optimizing financial costs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading corporate treasury team which is regularly recognised by industry awards.
- Successfully execute the group strategy for liquidity (funding and investment for less than one year) in order to ensure the group always has sufficient cash when required, whilst minimizing the cost to achieve.
- Monitor global financial markets and the banking environment and suggest opportunities for transactions to raise funds, invest cash and manage financial risks, analyzing and taking into consideration the impact of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the Group's short term investment portfolio, including a range of assets such as money market funds, enhanced money funds, repo, segregated investment mandates and buying and investing in short dated commercial paper.
- Support the management of the relationships with the Group's banks, ensuring the Group has the appropriate levels of bank back-up facilities and managing, measuring and ensuring the right facilities are in place and rewarded appropriately.
Requirements and skills
- Keen interest in financial markets and the economy. Strong understanding of how macro-economic data will affect treasury transactions.
- Knowledge of global money markets, global FX markets and associated derivatives with a track record of delivering large short term borrowing and investment programmes, and managing foreign exchange rate risk for large strategic transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, in particular the ability to summarise complex transactions, weighing up all of the relevant factors, such as how transactions impact other areas of the business to senior management and in formal papers to the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Innovative - think up alternative solutions and see them through
- Bachelor's Degree and preferably one further business qualification e.g. Qualified accountant, CFA or ACT
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.