A global fast-food corporation with it's UK HQs in North London are looking to recruit a tax accountant to complement the tax function and support across all projects and responsibilities. The tax team sits with the finance department and supports the UK and Ireland business across the taxes. Opened planned, friendly, commercial and innovative culture with lot's to get involved in.
The role itself will be varied and will involved responsibilities for both compliance related projects and ad-hoc advisory work, as well as limited treasury work. The work span different taxes and multiple tasks on the go. Thus this will require a number of key competencies such as pro-activity, technical understanding, flexibility, time management and a willingness to learn.
- Completion and submission of various UK and Ireland tax returns, including corporate tax, indirect tax and employment tax.
- Preparation of internal quarterly tax projections for the US Group, including supporting calculations.
- Working with internal and external auditors on tax areas.
- Dealing with HMRC queries correspondence and notifications.
- Participate in cross functional team within the business in order to provide tax advice.
- Supporting the tax processes and governance areas around tax risk.
- Working with the team to ensure correct VAT treatment of products and transactions.
- Monitor developments and changes in tax legislation and case law.
- Support the business on projects and ad-hoc queries.
The ideal candidate will be part or fully accounting or tax qualified with a solid background in tax accounting. Preferably a mixed tax background but not essential. Someone who is able to work under time pressure, be flexible in juggling multiple tasks and can learn quickly. Technically strong and able to adapt to new tax systems and technology.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right individual to carry on progressing, developing and grow within the role. This opportunity offers a platform of a range of tax matters and a real commercial element.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.