The company has recently embarked on a substantial reorganization of its tax mission with a new Global Tax Director having recently joined to substantially enhance the scope and capability of the tax function. The tax team is managed regionally within a global tax matrix; one sub-team focusing on EMEA and APAC and one on Americas.
The Tax team are recruiting for an upgraded role in the EMEA/APAC team, based in Germany, which will be focused primarily on the group's German tax issues and businesses but will also have wider EMEA responsibilities.
This role will be responsible for the management of all tax compliance obligations, tax reporting, tax audit & risk management and strategic planning for Germany. In addition there will be tax management and project work required for other countries within the EMEA region.
The role reports to a member of the Global Tax Leadership Team, the Tax Director for EMEA and APAC.
- The provision of tax support, working where necessary with tax advisors, to the EMEA and Americas/APAC teams on wider tax related projects including changing regulation, overall business model design, planning opportunities and M&A.
- The preparation of tax calculations
- The implementation, and local compliance monitoring, of tax policy, best practice and minimum operating standards to ensure compliance with corporate tax policy.
- The hands-on management of the annual tax filing and compliance process for Germany and other countries alongside the outsourced tax compliance function to ensure accurate and timely filed tax returns.
- The management of tax audits and contacts with the tax authorities in Germany,
- The identification and management of tax risk for the German companies generally, and those specifically arising from tax audits.
- Assisting German finance teams with production of supporting documentation for inter-company charges and other transfer pricing matters.
- The periodic reporting, and explanation of, the German tax profile, key tax risks, ETR outcomes and cash tax liabilities. Calculation of tax provisions reflecting the risk profile.
- The provision of an ad hoc advisory service to local finance teams in relation to the management of local indirect tax matters.
- Work with the Treasury team to manage the movement of cash. Control and report tax cash payments, including management of estimated tax payments throughout the year. Ensure tax efficient repatriation of dividends.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in accounting or business administration, and preferably also hold a relevant professional tax qualification (such as Steuerberater, Chartered Tax Adviser, the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation or other equivalent).
Experience of working within German tax will be essential, as will fluency in both German and English. The candidate needs a practical attitude to tax management coupled with a deep knowledge of German tax regulations. Proven strong tax accounting knowledge is a pre-requisite. Experience of planning, negotiating and resolving complex German tax audits would be ideal.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.