Supports the Head of Corporate Finance by contributing to the development and implementation of the group-wide long term financing strategy, through a combination of analysis of financial impacts of major decisions on the Group's funding strategy, execution of transactions, such as bank loans, investments and project financing, financial advisory on investment decisions, financial reporting for Credit Rating Agencies reviews and building and managing relationships with banks, ratings agencies and businesses.
- Coordinate planning of the long-term funding requirements across the Group, including financial plans and budgets for funding, interest and dividends, to ensure appropriate liquidity is maintained across all the Group's issuing entities.
- Analyse and advise senior management on the financial impacts of major decisions on the Group's funding strategy, funding requirements and credit metrics, including M&A and Business Development (BD) activity, regulatory developments, financing initiatives and changes to the financing strategy.
- Act as a Business Partner to the M&A and BD teams advising on the appropriate sources of and approaches to funding, providing analytical advice for financial transactions and guidance on JV structuring, ensuring funding is cost-effective and within acceptable levels of risk for the group.
- Monitor global financial markets and the banking environment and suggest opportunities for innovative sources of funding for investments. Provide financial modelling and execute transactions by managing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally; taking into consideration the impact of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Produce financial information to Credit Rating Agencies, establishing credibility and enabling the company to meet its growth agenda.
- Analyse and make recommendations for planned dividends and sufficiency of resources statements liaising with business units and subsidiaries to ensure appropriate capital structures per regulatory requirements
- Support the management of the Group-wide business relationships with multiple internal (e.g. BD, M&A, Functions, businesses) and external stakeholders (credit rating agencies, external lenders, commercial banks and JV partners).
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How
- Extensive experience as a corporate financier in the production of strategic financial plans, and economic & valuation analysis supporting capital intensive investment decisions
- Extensive transactional experience of project financing, JV structures, asset financing, leasing preferably in the energy / infrastructure sector
- Experience in financial business planning and credit ratings methodologies
- Proven track record of maintaining excellent business relationships with for example investors, credit analysts, banks, auditors, rating agencies, external lawyers and business leaders
- Must be able to connect well with the businesses, understand their needs and prioritise multiple demands in accordance with business priorities
- Good working knowledge of the impact of treasury transactions on tax, accounting, regulatory and legal. Must be able to understand complex legal documentation
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, in particular the ability to summarise complex transactions, weighing up all of the relevant factors, such as how transactions impact other areas of the business to senior management and in formal papers to the Finance Committee of the Board
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and good judgement in areas where decisions can have a significant financial impact.
- Innovative - think up alternative solutions and see them through
- Takes ownership of tasks, with a strong drive for results
- Self-motivated, proactive
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
Bachelor's Degree and one further business qualification e.g. Qualified accountant, MBA, CFA or ACT, plus significant post-qualification experience
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.