Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical company is looking to hire an Indirect Tax Senior Manager to be based at the companies HQ in Amsterdam. The incumbent will report directly into the Head of Tax and will provide global oversight on all indirect tax matters facing the group.
- Provide full scope indirect tax management (both compliance and advisory) of the group on a global level;
- Take the lead of the global indirect tax accountabilities & responsibilities (management, working capital optimisation, advisory, compliance & control, controversy) of the group's in-country businesses;
- Drive the increase in the group's indirect tax automation compliance & data diagnostics processes.
- In partnership with the Head of Tax, develop and deliver a robust strategy for indirect taxes across the group;
- Act as business partner for the operational businesses and finance teams on a global level;
- Involvement in projects to ensure that the indirect tax issues are dealt with correctly;
- Proactively identify, manage and implement opportunities for the business;
- Oversight of the end-to-end compliance process for the group's VAT returns, and EC Sales List, including oversight of divisional finance teams;
- Manage historic claims and litigation as appropriate in order to manage costs and generate positive results for the business;
- Work closely with external advisors, liaise with relevant trade bodies, competitors and professional bodies to keep abreast of industry issues;
- Keep up to date with the constantly changing regulatory environment.
- 8+ year's indirect tax experience gained through time spent in either a Big4, a leading law firm or from time spent within in-house multinational;
- Professional accountancy and/or taxation qualification;
- Prior experience in an indirect tax leadership role (or the ability to step-up to such a role);
- Strong VAT technical knowledge, including experience with cross border and international tax matters
- Creative and a commercial thinker with strong technical and analytical skills;
- Positive and energetic with strong interpersonal & communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Highly motivated and driven to deliver and succeed;
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.