A well-established business that owns and operates a portfolio of companies within the industrial sector across the META Region is seeking to appoint a Group Accounting Manager to be based in Dubai. The ability to deliver timely and accurate group reporting to support internal decision making and comply with external filing obligations will be critical. Reporting to the CFO the role holder will partner with multiple and diverse stakeholders in a fast-moving environment.
- Deliver monthly and annual financial reporting routines, data integrity of accounting systems and compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Preparation of monthly Group consolidated management accounts and annual group consolidated financial statements under IFRS.
- Maintain the Group's accounting systems, development of Group accounting, support of subsidiary finance teams to ensure reporting obligations are met.
- Contact point for all technical accounting and reporting queries, ensuring all relevant developments in IFRS, integration of acquisitions into group, all tax related matters and manage year-end audit process
- Identify risks and opportunities across the group, especially for efficiency and process improvement
- Assisting with the post-implementation work required for the use of the new system
- Participate in other accounting and special projects as required
- Big 4 trained Qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 5-7 years of experience in a similar role within in a corporate group.
- Extensive exposure to IFRS/US GAAP and external financial reporting primarily at a group level.
- A strong communicator with the ability to influence and connect with others to work together to resolve issues, including with resources working in offshore teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact with co-workers in multiple locations, an accounting shared service centre, senior management, external and internal auditors.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation, getting involved in the detail to analyse data where required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner.
- A competitive salary including housing and transportation allowance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance for self and family
- Annual return tickets for self and family
- Company mobile
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.