To make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the corporate tax offering of the office and firm by providing technical support and driving excellent client service on existing corporate clients.
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies' CPD requirements.
- To ensure that the clients' tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage work efficiently and proactively.
- To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm's quality standards.
- To brief junior staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where necessary.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
- Appropriate professional qualification CTA, ACA, ACCA
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required, or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake the role.
- Proven experience in proactive client handling and project management
- Proven experience in producing high quality, technically accurate work within budget.
- International tax experience desirable.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.